6/17 Taronga Zoo

One of our many excursions during our time in Sydney, Australia was to Taronga Zoo. (I say one of many because we saw roughly 2/3 of the tourist destinations in Sydney in something like 4 days.) Taronga Zoo is Sydney's wildlife and endangered animal conservation facility where guests are also allowed to come and view some of Asia and Australia's most exotic creatures. It's set on the side of a hill and slopes, not very gently, down to one of the many quays of Sydney Harbor. It is beautiful. Green trees, against a blue sky, and all set in contrast to silvery ripples across the bay.

Their animals are just as wonderful. We got to see akidnas, emus, and the world famous platypus. Some of their more docile birds where left to wander free. Bentley saw a peacock and named him Master Shen on the spot. (tehee) He tried to catch him once or twice but Master Shen wasn't having any of that. Amy saw her first Tasmanian Devil. As we where leaving the exhibit she turns to me and says "I thought they where dust clouds". I love my family. I even made an Emu friend. He came straight up to me and explored all my pockets and my purse, finding nothing interesting he plonked down on his knees and stuck his head in my hand. For all those who meet or expect to meet an Emu know that they love to be scratched on the neck.

I love the animals. One of these days maybe I'll be surrounded by them, and Zoos will be asking me to come and look at their nauseated rhinos, and over attentive Emus. Definitely a good end to your 5 days in Sydney and a good kick off to my last summer at home. Love you fam!

Comments

Popular Posts