Look what God did!


I wanted to take a minute to write you and thank you for your love and prayers this year. At this moment the school is nearly empty. Staff are finishing cleaning out their rooms and preparing to leave to the four corners of the globe. I'm sitting alone in my music room and the quiet is deafening. Thoughts of this year flood over me and I am amazed that the end has finally come! So many times I thought I would never get here, yet here I am! This a monumental day for me because God has proved Him self more faithful than I ever could have imagined. If you have a few moments I would like to tell you a bit about it.

1. I had my final evaluation today. So many times this year I have asked God what He was doing putting me here. Me an unqualified teacher working in this prestigious school, more often than not pretending to know something! Today our Principal said,

"Beth, you have had a fantastic year. You were well organized and prepared for all of your classes and performances. You are to be commended for the hours of effort to present great concerts. You are also commended for the great rapport that you set up with students, parents and fellow staff members. Your desire to grow as a teacher is appreciated. You are truly a positive asset to GSIS. Thank you for a great year."

Amazing!

2. A comment from a colleague who is a veteran teacher. She stood up to face me, took my hand in both of hers, and said, "Beth, you don't understand, You have a gift here and you have done incredible things. As you grow and learn more you will be amazing."

3. Last, but most precious. Miss Tina, a precious Chinese friend who worked with me in the child care facility, left today to return to China. Her visa cannot be renewed to stay here so she has to go back. After a big hug she looks me in the eyes and thanks me for my friendship and for helping her find God. Her mother has been a Christian in China for years. Now they can be together in spirit and in body. Too amazing!!!

I wanted to share these precious things with you because I am humbled to my core to think that God can use some one like me, a home school mom from Toledo. That God's plans are so much bigger than I can possibly see. From the very beginning of this adventure God has promised to carry me and He has been so faithful to finish what He stared. There have been so many moments that I just wanted to run away, but God kept promising and carrying me and we made it through. Wow! This has been that kind of a year. I know all years wont be so dramatic, but I am learning that I don't have to worry about them. God finishes what He starts and He does it well, even when it may not feel that way to me in the middle of it.

Thank you for sharing this moment with me and for all your support through the many seemingly overwhelming challenges this year has brought. I am so excited to see what God will do with this place and with His people. " To God be the Glory, Great things He has done...".

Comments

Popular Posts