Kylie: Starting to Feel Like Home

Well I think that Korea is getting to feel like home. I still miss the wide open spaces of Washington though. The people around here are getting to know us but it's a weird feeling not having people trust you! like it's totally understandable, cuz well we don't know each other. But I've never really had to make that trust from stage one. I just kinda took it for granted I guess. Cuz we always trust each other. But that's just some thing we need to work on.
School is heavy! There's always lots of home work! But the first report came through the other day, and I did OK so I suppose I'll be fine. I got mostly B- and B+, but I did get like one C+. How ever I got straight A+ in Algebra which is really awesome. I'm very pleased seeing as I knew nothing about algebra whatsoever! So yeah school is going OK. I'm really looking forward to going to the middle school lock-in this week end it's going to be a blast! Oh and Mr. Pash, the band teacher is going to teach me to play the bass. Well I hope so! He needs it in the orchestra so I have been requested to play. I'm really excited!
My friends and I went to Noriebong after church to day it was so much fun! I love noriebong. It's actually called Karaoke in the US, but it is totally different here then there! They don't serve alcohol and each party gets there own room and picks the songs they want to sing. Alex and I sang The Phantom of the Opera. We actually got 99 (your performance is graded out of 100)! I'm trying to get her to sing it with me for GSIS-idol this year. She says no way but I still have time to change her mind! Hannah wants to sing Irreplaceable. I don't know. I think if Alex won't be swayed I'll sing it with her. :) Man there is so much to do here!

Comments

Colin A. Lamm said…
Kylie, How is your mom enjoying teaching? How is Bentley and your dad doing? I'd love to hear you sing, do you take after your parents with their wonderful voices? Sounds like you have made some good friendships, this is an answer to our prayers, hopefully the rest of your family has too. Glad you are doing so well in school - our kids start in two days. Love you lots, Aunt Julie
Danny Brown said…
Kylie,
I'm so glad to hear that you're adjusting to life in Korea. Change is always hard... hard things make us stronger so we should never resist when God looks to make changes in our lives.

Trust is directly linked to integrity. Integrity is the ability to do what you should when you should, even when no one is looking. I have known you for several years and I am well aware of your integrity. Your new friends will also come to know you as a young lady of integrity in time. Remember though that integrity is formed like concrete. Over time it builds strength and becomes substantial. If you break your integrity, it can be re-built but it is often like starting over. It will take time again to gain people's trust. There can be no friendship without confidence; and no confidence, without integrity.

Work hard to maintain your integrity, particularly with your family.

We love an miss you very much! Sure would be good to skype with you all sometime... got skype?

Love ya!

danny.<><

Popular Posts